• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing heater core

ChappyDoo

NAXJA Forum User
Well first off, I'm new to the XJ world and this forum. I just picked up an 89 Laredo with 297,000 on the clock for a few hundred bucks. Runs and drives fine, has a few nit picky issues but everything works... or so I thought. On the drive home I got chilly so I flick the heater on to discover more cold air. I got home and popped the hood to find the lines running to the core had been cut and re-routed. Sweet. I don't know how I missed it but life goes on.

Now I'm just going to assume the heater core was leaking since the hoses were sliced off. Does anyone have a step by step walkthrough? I did it on my TJ and two of my Chevy K20's and I'm not looking foward to this one but alas the cold desert months are here..

I don't think the dash has to come out. That's how I did the last one, but on an older xj like that 89 someone here has done a writeup on how to extract it without dash removal.

Pulling the dash isn't really that hard anyway, it may be one of those deals where working around it takes longer than actually just removing the darn thing...

Back