• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adhesive "cherokee sport"

Frédéric CM

NAXJA Forum User
I had my doors painted on my '01 CHerokee but they didn't put back the "Cherokee Sport" adhesive letters because they didn't received it in time?

Can some give me the exact position of the words on the doors ?

Thanks !

Where would one find these adhesive labels/badges?

I took the old style ones off my 92 (when I painted it) and was thinking of putting the updated ones back on.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Emblems_and_Decals/index.html
And probably the dealership, and any decent body shop.

Looks like the older post-97 Sport packages had the diecast Cherokee logo on the door, and an adhesive "Sport" logo on the rear edge of the front quarterpanel - never really realized that was a way to tell them apart. The more you know...

The 97s had a "cast" Jeep emblem on the nose and hatch. The Cherokee (door, above molding, front), Sport(fenders, midway up), 4x4 (quarters, near D pillar), and 4.0L decals(hatch, lower right) were all vinyl. I'd thought the raised badges were only 00/01, but it looks like that's not correct- perhaps 98-01?. No use to the OP, but that's how mine came.

Last edited:
The part numbers for the 2000 model year:

• JEEP logo, top of header panel:

1. chrome - 5515 5622
  2. silver (matte finish) - 5EM8 7SA1
  • Sport logo decal, silver - 5GN26 CA1AA
  • Country logo decal, silver - 5FY12 CA1AA
  • "Dimensional Graphic" (diecast I think):

1. Cherokee, silver - 5GC82 CA1AA
  2. Cherokee, chrome - 5515 6022AA
  3. Limited, chrome - 5515 6023AA
  4. 4.0 Litre - 5515 6026AA
  • Jeep nameplate, rear quarter panels: same as header panel logo
  • 4.0 Litre High Output decal: 5HD22 CA1AA
  • Turbo Diesel decal: 5FJ6 5CA1
  • front door Classic decal: 5GM60 CA1AA
  • 4x4 nameplate, chrome: 5515 5623
  • Freedom decal: 5HK95 YB5AA
  • Jeep 4x4 nameplate: 5EM8 9SA1
I can look up the 01 decals/nameplates/diecast parts as well, but I don't have that catalog open at the moment.

Yeah, my '92 has the plain "Cherokee" badge on the front quarter panels (not the door) and the "Sport" is part of the pinstripe (integrated)

I like being badge-free.

Yeah- I re-did my '92, and sort of didn't put anything back on, although it did't have much to start with..
000_0977.jpg

I like that. Nice and clean.

Frederic- The Cherokee decals are located 2.125" from the forward edge of the door, and 2" above the lower contour line. Can't confirm, but I suspect the decals and raised emblems are the same size, and put in the same location. Might also browse the Picture Showcase threads and such for visual reference. Hope that helps.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Emblems_and_Decals/index.html
And probably the dealership, and any decent body shop.

The 97s had a "cast" Jeep emblem on the nose and hatch. The Cherokee (door, above molding, front), Sport(fenders, midway up), 4x4 (quarters, near D pillar), and 4.0L decals(hatch, lower right) were all vinyl. I'd thought the raised badges were only 00/01, but it looks like that's not correct- perhaps 98-01?. No use to the OP, but that's how mine came.
o

You are completly correct on the 97, but it's the same for 98 too. My understanding, and I haven't been proven wrong yet is this...

In 99, Cherokee (door, above molding, front) changed from vinyl to "cast". In 2000, the 4x4 (quarters, near D pillar) made the change from vinyl to "cast"
In 2001, the 4.0L decals (hatch, lower right) made the same change, but to a complete different style, from "4.0L" to "4.0 Litre"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the best way to know year of a 97+ XJ by just looking at it quickly. It's never failed me...

Of course, I'm looking to make my 98 have 01 badges/emblems, I have a 01 Limited interior with all the rare options (wood, heated/leather seats, ect.), plus I just think they look the best. Much better than my 98 "Sport" sticker. Always thought that look cartoon-ish

Back