• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what parts can i use

trebor7577

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 88 cherokee, lifted and beaten before i got it, in the deal was a parts jeep minus engine, problem is the parts jeep is a 93 grand cherokee, what parts are good to use? both are 4.0 l with aw4 auto

anything you can rig up to work! just takes a little ingenuity. theres a couple of threads running around here about junkyard upgrades that list a few zj parts in there. its another jeep so lot of things will interchange

engine is good, transmission is good, engine sensors/transmission computer/engine computer are unlikely to swap over though. A bunch of other stuff will swap as well, or even can be considered an upgrade.

EDIT: oh, the parts jeep is without engine, that's sad. Engine would have worked I guess.

for sure, I would take the seats, ALL the interior screws and hardware, bulbs, fixtures, wire harness (just in case you need some to splice later) you can use the pitman arm, coil springs (give a modest lift) i'd look into the fuel pump/sender. if you are adventurous, you could take out the engine and driveline, sell them to recoup some of your $$. do a search for ZJ and see what people have done with what parts...

'88 trans will be a 21 spline output shaft
'93 will be a 23 spline-- keep the transfer case with the trans if you need to swap 'em

better yet, swap 'em and send me the 21 spline units-- I can always use a couple spares...

Back