• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Palm Sanders

js_customs

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get a new 6" palm sander (pneumatic of course), any recommendations? My parents are getting me one for christmas since my old one (HF junk) died...It has to be under $125 or so. I'd love to have a snap-on one, that's what we used at the body shop I worked at, but those are $200-$230.

Any suggestions?

This one looks decent, but I couldn't really find any good reviews on it: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=232171-55451-LGA-687B&lpage=none

Are you talking random orbital or dual action? If you plan on using it for any sort of bodywork, stay away from random orbital.

Hutchins make a nice one, as well as Dynabrade. IR are decent, and much cheaper, but for the best go for one of the first two.

You're right, the dual action would be better. The lowe's one was a random orbital, but the HF one i had before was a dual action. It's just gonna be for sanding my Jeep and some other 4x4's, but I'd like it to look half decent. Thanks, I'll look into those brands.

I have the IR DA. The palm version. I cant remember the partnumber. I really like it. Its vaccum ready and had variable speed. I would recomend it and when this one dies Ill buy another.

Back