• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Bone Damage Fix?

AL BUNDY

NAXJA Forum User
My wife's 91 was hit on the passenger side today and the passenger doors/rocker is pushed in almost to the uniframe rail. Uniframe rail still looks straight and it still drives, so do you think this is repairable or will it be totaled by the insurance company? Thanks.

Odds are good that its gunna get totaled beeing its a 91.
It could be fixed with a new set of doors and have it taken to a body shop and have the rocker panel and door pillars pulled back.
The rocker panel can be cut out and have a replacement welded in.

I'd bet on totaled, and 2wd I wouldn't really lose too much sleep over it depending on how rusty it is. Let them take it, or buy it back and part it out if you think you can make your money back that way.

due to low "book value" I'd say that 80% of book (the most common value used for total loss assessment) wouldn't even get you the doors swapped at a body shop. I got backed into in a parking lot and because the door didn't open easily, the insurance company totaled the thing.

Back