• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quietest Muffler?

mcbrado

NAXJA Forum User
Hey again guys,

Most here seem to want beastly roars from their Jeeps, but I want to know what is the quietest muffler out there? Mine finally rusted through this month and I need to replace it. I hear I can get a stock one for 30 bucks and it'll be fine, but are there quieter systems out there that will be under $100? Under 50?

Jeep Cherokee Sport 6cyl 4.0L 2 inch lift, APN manifold

Thanks guys!

B

the walker quiet flow mufflers are basically an OEM quiet muffler.

You can go on jegs/summit racing and get the dynomax catback for like $150, the muffler it includes is the perfect tone IMO. Loud enough to hear when you want to, but quiet at cruise w/ no drone at all. This dynomax muffler on its own is only $30 or so. the Walker quiet flow is a bit more $. also if you do some research you can fit a larger (quieter) quiet flow muffler on our jeeps, than what is callled for in the catalog you just have to go through the mufflers and find the same inlet/outlet size and orientation, and keep the overall length close (unless you are using custom piping) but there are wider and slightly longer ones that would fit, and be quieter.

Back