• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Exhaust question.

JonsXjProjekt

NAXJA Forum User
Question about exhaust Im in the maket for Flowmaster exhaust for my Jeep its a 92' Cherokee Sport 4.0 I was wondering What I need to setup an exhaust from the cat back,

So here are my questions. From the Cat back there is already an existing peice of tubing, What size is this? 2 - 1/4" OR 2 -1/2"

I Need a new muffler ( ie flowmaster )
And tailpipe. + 2 Exhaust Clamps That would be all correct?

I was thinkin about Goin rusty's for $200 But I figure If i stop at an exhaust shop like monroe or something I can pick up a tailpipe section
and stop at any pep boys or auto store and pick up a flow master Series 50 or 40. I think in the end Ill end up saving myself about 75 bucks if i price it out right.

Also If anyone is using a TB Spacer Which one is best bang for the buck?

Let me know

I have the cat back from Rusty's, and I put a 3" angled cut tip on the end to straight pipe it. The one thing I didn't like about the pipe from rusty's was the end where it curves down to the ground....it was a sharper curve and for some reason it just bothered me.

That being said I've got nothing but good to say about the system. I got mine with a Delta 40 rather than a regular 40 and i'm glad I did. I can still rock out driving down the road with the windows open, or still hold a conversation just fine, and at the same time I can still hear it and definitely tell it's got a flowmaster on it. I only get a few complaints from my friends who ride in the back, but I think its cause they're jealous
icon10.gif

Rusty's system was very easy to install and only took me maybe an hour, including taking the old exhaust off, which was as expected, the hardest part.

Ok, Im sure rusty's is nice I was going to get it but I was wondering What size the inlets for the exhaust that I need cuz I am going to peice together my own and not have to wait on the parts and what not. So you get with rusty's A muffler + tailpipe and exhaust clamps that is it correct?

I wanna do the same thing but peice it together myself, therfore saving myself Shipping and other inflated cost's that rusty adds in.

Back