• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just lifted need help

Shane_92-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
so basicaly i just put a BB 2inch lift on

so heres my problem if its a problem....

took it on the highway 70mph works great when i get down to 45-55 my front end is kinda vibe/wabble kinda freaked me out rechecked everything its all tight no loose nuts or bolts.

is this death wabble? if so wtf its only 2 inches lol :dunno:

or do i need to get the front end aligned ?

Shane

Take it in for an alignment. Could be an origenal OEM trac bar, and that lift completely did it in... if thats the case.. a new OEM trac bar is about $45, that was my problem on my last XJ..

but thats just my first guess.

stock xj's can, and DO death wobble.

do a basic tape measure alignment, via go-jeep's website. certain problematic areas can effect each other, adding up to dw.

the front suspension is a fine musical instrument, any slight modification or wear of parts can cause it to go out of tune.

You might be confusing a need for a sye, with dethwobl. you dont need a sye till 3+ inches, (differant on late models). but anything worn/loose parts can death wobble.

Take it in for an alignment. Could be an origenal OEM trac bar, and that lift completely did it in... if thats the case.. a new OEM trac bar is about $45, that was my problem on my last XJ..

but thats just my first guess.

ill look at it first thing in the am:thumbup:

You might be confusing a need for a sye, with dethwobl. you dont need a sye till 3+ inches, (differant on late models). but anything worn/loose parts can death wobble.

i knew i dident need a sye thats why i was so confused ......thanks

Have your Mom turn the Wheel while you're looking at the front, If you see the Track Bar wobble, you'll need a new one, maybe more.

i moved out of my Mommy's house a long lime ago im a big boy now:clap:

thanks for the info guys helps alote

anyother suggestions feel free to put your .02 in

Shane

Have your Mom turn the Wheel while you're looking at the front, If you see the Track Bar wobble, you'll need a new one, maybe more.

i found that comment funny, allmost seemed like he knew you. but it does help locate problems (it doesnt have to be your mom though)

not neccasarily the trackbar, but anything thats wrong will look 'wrong', you'll see things build tension, then jerk loose, or maybe the tracbar bracket move on the frame, could be 20 differant things, search death wobble, it HAS been covered in detail, better than i can relay.

how are your tires? balanced?

ok so i checked everything on the front end.....all checks out good nothing binding or hanging up.....i took it back on the road up to 50mph same story.....guess i take it in and get the alignment tomorrow morning i need to get my tires rotated and rebalanced as well

so with that said i will bring back my findings tomorrow

thanks guys'

Shane

could just be the tire balance, since you mention it

well that was exactly my problem.......i was expecting something more in depth......but it was just my balance......interesting cuz it drove just fine stock height guess 2.5 inches was enough to make the difference.

thanks for the help guys and walking me through this

Shane

yea, when i did a BB it was balancing tires and new shocks that fixed my death wobble

Back