• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick rear driveshaft question.

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready for a ford 8.8 swap. Would it be a bad idea to run a front driveshaft in the rear without doing a SYE? I was thinking that the double wammy of the slip yoke and the telespcoing driveshaft might not be a good thing. Thoughts (besides quit being cheap and do the SYE) ? thanks in advance blaise

blaisetd said:
I'm getting ready for a ford 8.8 swap. Would it be a bad idea to run a front driveshaft in the rear without doing a SYE? I was thinking that the double wammy of the slip yoke and the telespcoing driveshaft might not be a good thing. Thoughts (besides quit being cheap and do the SYE) ? thanks in advance blaise

Sorry, I think you haven't gotten response because of the "besides quit being cheap and do the SYE" line. I put off an SYE for 4 years with a 3 inch lift. I thought I didn't have any vibs. I destroyed the bearings and a few other things in my transfercase and untlimately had to rebuild.... what a hassle! It took me over a month to finish the job because I was waiting for the dealer to get me obscure little parts I ruined with vibration.

Besides, I don't think a front shaft AND slip yoke will work. Do the SYE. It's worth it.

Back