• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6" Info

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Is it a bad idea to use 3" Rustys 180LB springs, that ended up sitting at 4" and using the Teraflex Spacers from a 2" BB Kit so that I can be at 6"?

The back is sitting at 4.5" so I will use the 1.5" Shackles, and I know that is not a bad idea, because then It will still flex good.

Anyone do this? Run a 3" kit with a 2" BB and acheive 5-6"?

I am going to be running 35's and I want to do that. Along with:

JCR 1 Ton Steering
Ford 8.8 Rearend with LSD (Already Have It)
4.88 Gears Front and Back
SYE
Longer Brake Lines

I think that would be good? Anyone have anything to add that I am forgetting?

*EDIT* Forgot to mention, Yeah, I am getting RE Drop Brackets to go along with my brand new aftermarket Fixed LCA's and then getting front and rear bumpstops...

Last edited:
Dangerous idea. Unless you forgot to mention you have longer control arms for the front suspension. When you lift the stock suspension geometry that far you create some serious front end alignment issues. It would be very unsafe on the roads with 35's and stock suspension components up front. Remember, even the less popular lift kit companies provide a longer lower control arm in their kits when the lift is 3" or above. Anything around 6" and above should have adjustable uppers and longer lowers.

Also be aware that for the rear, you can use shackles, blocks, arched springs, add-a-leafs - all to achieve lift, but don't forget to build bump-stops that are dropped down to keep you from over-flexing your leafs. ESPECIALLY where Rusty's springs are concerned. They are terrible for sagging and over-flexing will ruin them even faster.

4.5 is really as high as you can go without having to get a pair of uca's. you'll need lca's, uca's, trac bar, longer shocks and longer brake lines. don't forget to bumpstop!!! if you don't, you'll be hating life when you flex and you trash your tires and fenders.

Now that I've seen your "edit" added info.......

Yeah, that setup would work. The drop brackets and new control arms will keep the front geometry manageable. You're gonna need a longer track bar too unless you plan on fabbing an over-axle bracket - and even then, you'll want to be able to adjust it.

My rig has a 6" RE kit, then the longer shackles, added leafs in the rear, and a 1.75 coil spacer with the factory bushing up front, RE HD track bar and bracket, and the RE drop brackets giving me "8 inches" of lift give or take.

Last edited:
Wow, I forgot to add that I have a Rustys Adj trac bar in there as well. I know it suckes, but I like it so far and when it breaks, I will get the TNT Customs one..

Back