• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swap WJ seats?

4WDlifeform

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. My original seats are crummy. My buddy has a WJ Freedom edition, and NICE SEATS! Black cloth, with jeep embroidered.... I want them... :eyes:

Anyone familiar with some sort of similar seat swap? Perhaps ZJ seats?

Im not a fan of leather, or the heated deals. Electric motor is cool, but never had it before, so can live without.

Thanks in advance!

I have heard of it being done before. I beleive you have to swap out the slider bracket assembly from your seats to the WJ seats. I'm not sure if you have to weld or bolt in. If memory serves correct I think their is a problem early style floors due to the t-case hump, or vice versa. Try our good old friend SEARCH. :)

for 96+ the wj seats will bolt right up to the xj bases...they will not be power or anything, most notably where the seat reclines. but just hook it up to a 12 volt source and get it where you want it then leave it. thats what i did.

you could swap in the wj bases too, but they will require modification to make them bolt to the floor...

i dont know about 95-

i swapped in wj seats, piece of cake, just reuse the old xj seat brackets. The only slight problem is that there are an inch or two higher that before, so if you are really tall it could be a problem.

Back