• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours backbone System

I'm going to try and do that with the tailbone. I'd think the backbone would be a bit tougher because there is less to start with.

I have one of the non-winch plate backbones that I may build a bumper off of some day. Its just sitting in my storage shed now since i bought a winch bumper.

wouldnt it be way cheaper just to do the whole thing from scratch? if your gonna spend the money for a backbone just to build up on it, spend some extra money and get a AJs or JCR bumper.

you could just copy the backbone and then start from there. I made something like that system. Metal was free, I paid a shop $35 to put two bends in it for me.

I plan to start a bumper from it.

detours built this bumper off the backbone

006-3.jpg

are you looking for the swing away setup in particular from detours? i made a custom swing away that i incorporated into my hitch itself... i got pics if you want ideas, its really sturdy

nevermind sorry thats the tailbone...

Last edited:
I read a thread on a dude who got a warrior front bumper to work with the detour's backbone but I haven't seen anyone do any custom work with the backbone. I run the backbone with the stock bumper.....but that doesn't help ya with anything. :) I like the winch holder. It also functions as a paper towel holder for those messy oil changes:

DSCF6061.jpg

The Backbone is a nice piece specifically engineered for the XJ by a guy who knows XJ's. Mine included all the appropriate hardware and everything. Fit and finish are excellent.

I would definately buy a Backbone and build off of it.

You'll have to call Mark to have one built. Use the phone number on the website.

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was in the $560 range shipped to me.

Back