• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help cant see at night

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
with my headlights on i cant see the road right!
most cars light i noticed are just in front shinning the ground in front of them well my headlights dont actually point on the floor its more like pointing to cars ahead of me
can someone give me the precedure to adjust them myself thanks

google... or look at them... it's pretty easy to figure out.

In case you don't feel like doing that though, you can use the screw under the bezel right above the headlamp to adjust vertical, and the one toward the fender to adjust horizontal.

just park in front of a wall or garage door and adjust them until the left sits a little lower than the right and they both point pretty well straight with the truck and a little lower down on the wall than the height of the lights

Get a lift kit of appropriate height, install only the front or back, depending on which way you want to adjust your headlights.

In all seriousness, remove the bezel. Its two screws, then it tilts down and out. Then you will see two additional screws, i think those are hex, so you might need to get the right screw driver to adjust them.

Or do like the one post I read a few months ago. Adjust your tire pressure to aim your headlights. The other guy was doing it to adjust his ride height.

LOL disclaimer DON"T REALLY DO THIS.

Joe - thanks for the link. That's a good one.

Get a lift kit of appropriate height, install only the front or back, depending on which way you want to adjust your headlights.

In all seriousness, remove the bezel. Its two screws, then it tilts down and out. Then you will see two additional screws, i think those are hex, so you might need to get the right screw driver to adjust them.

:huh: Both of mine (91, 88w/98front) you don't have to remove anything. All you have to do is stick a torx screwdriver in there and adjust them, one on top and one on the side of the headlight.

Where's everyone getting torx from, mine are just a phillips head. I used to use my power screwdriver, but then I stopped and I don't know why.

just park in front of a wall or garage door and adjust them until the left sits a little lower than the right and they both point pretty well straight with the truck and a little lower down on the wall than the height of the lights

Why the left lower than the right? I've always done it just straight across, even. That way you get an even light pattern on the road, right?

So that your left headlight doesn't shine into oncoming traffic as badly. Although if you go by the link joe posted, they are both aimed the same height. I would go by the link instead of two different heights.

I thought XJ stock headlights were just so people could see you coming? That's all they seem useful for.

I thought XJ stock headlights were just so people could see you coming? That's all they seem useful for.

LOL! :roflmao:

Back