• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've Got a Wobble And I can't find it!!!

Ted 87 XJ Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I get this wobble and I test the hubs, right! there ok, so I took the jeep in for a tire bal. and rotation. and it went away for probably 2 days. now its back it started at high speeds and it was just like rubbing noise, now it does at 30 mph! its not really a wobble persay, but rubbing noise w/ a little wobble..................... Help plz

No lift yet, But i do run 30" tires, Which is oversized from oem specs. It almost feels like its coming from the front passengers side

My experience says 30" x 9.5 tires are fine for a stock XJ.

Having someone rock your jeep HARD to see if it squeaks. Look for large / deep cracks in the bushings. You could also spray WD 40 on the bushings to see if that helps them temporarily.

My 98' started to wobble in the steering wheel nearing 30-45MPH. R&R'd the steering stabilizer with success. It's realitvely cheap and solved my problems.

I'd check that before diving to far...

-Sticks

Back