• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best 35" tire to go onto a cherokee

Internet opinions are like assholes......everybody is one. :)

I think a Swamper SX is the best tire, especially if you drive it on the street a lot.

No offense but your question is so open ended it is sort of useless.

That said as soon as my rig is trail only its maxxis trepadors for me.
412255032154.jpg

get creepy crawlers

you will like everything about them but the price tag

The previous style Wrangler MT/Rs. Now? I'd go with Treadwrights and save a ton of money.

Really? Those were pretty bad tires, the sidewalls were easy to cut, they didn't perform well in deep mud etc...

The new style MT/R w/ Kevlar is the way I would go, I recently switched from my KM2's to those, I had KM's before that and Dean mud terrains before those.

-Alex

boggers.........i loved seeing the flat spots on those things lol driving down the road was the noisest vibration ride of my life....lol .....dude! get the dick cepeck bone crushers!!!! hahahahaha........i dont even know if understand your question

Really? Those were pretty bad tires, the sidewalls were easy to cut, they didn't perform well in deep mud etc...

The new style MT/R w/ Kevlar is the way I would go, I recently switched from my KM2's to those, I had KM's before that and Dean mud terrains before those.

-Alex

I did the same, my rig is my DD/trail rig and I LOVE my new MTr's w kevlar. Got all four for $800 and balanced with soft bb's and they are a dream. Work great in the snow too, slushy conditions and soft snow they do the best. Def recommend them.

You have to decide what your PRIMARY use is going to be for them then decide. I use mine either on the street or in the rocks. I have no interest in mud or sand so I use tires that are "fairly" quiet on the street and can still handle the abuse of rockcrawling. That said I've been using KM's, they have been great and am about halfway through my current set. After that I going to try the Trxus MT. Good luck.

Last edited:
Well you said water use too so you'll probably want something that will allow your jeep to float. :D
But picking a tire depends on what you're doing with it and is a big variable.

Back