• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibrations

wegge1987

NAXJA Forum User
well folks I have a 1999 XJ skyjacker 3in lift, it had a vibration and grinding when I first bought it. I had 2 new wheel bearings installed and rebuilt the front end. Noises are gone vibs still there. Next I had installed a t/c drop kit and removed the rear shims. Low speed vib was reduced but high speed (65mph) got worse. I removed the front drive shaft and had no change in vib. The vibration is not rpm related, only speed related. The u-joints are tight, but does that mean they are ok? Anyone have any ideas? Burnsville OFF-ROAD did some good work, but they can't look at it any more untill the guy gets back from SEMA. I don't want to wait that long.
Thanks

More than likely you need to do a slip yoke eliminator to PROPERLY fix it. You might be able to get by with a TC drop. My 96 needed the SYE. I have an 01 that I got by with doing the TC drop after I did a budget boost. Do you have any idea of what the angles are on the driveline?

I did a Hack n Tap from Rubicon Express a little over a year ago and the install was cake and I've not had one issue with it's strength. My driveshaft was also from RE. I think the whole thing set me back some where in the neighborhood of 300 maybe?

Back