• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help tonight!

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just tore down the motor and finished putting it together, I got it running but its kinda rough. I pretty much just cleaned everything up and that helped, but I am concerned about one thing. As I was putting everything back together I couldn't find out what this thing was. It is coming out of the side of the fuel injection system, It is a L shape and it looks like their should be a hose or something that should fit on their, I couldn't find a hose that goes their. Im assuming it fell off or something. All Im asking for is for someone to go look and tell me what it is and where it goes too, So I can rig something up to make it work.

One thing I noticed about it was when I got it started and my brother, blocked that hole with his finger it seemed to die down and it probly would have shut off if he kept his finger on their.

THanks in advance for any help.
Im hoping to be driving it tommorrow.

Sounds like a vacuum line, but I don't recall anythign like that on the manifold except the MAP sensor elbow. You got a pic of this thing you are talking about?

its a 97, 4.0, It comes out the side of the fuel injection system? (the big silver manifold thing) it sticks out towards the drivers side right by the brakes master cylinder. it is a 90 degree elbow that points forward. thats the best I can describe it. I already have a hose on it and Im hoping its just a breather line. so if I can get confirmation of that I'll feel better driving it tommorrow.

well, I just assumed it was a breather and put 2 feet of hose on it and put some filter element on the end of it so dirt doesn't get in. then I mounted it up high so water doesn't get in. took her for a test drive after being down for two weeks, and she runs awesome. finally I can drive my baby again.

Back