• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im so sick of my horns getting filled with water...

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a way to waterproof them? im about ready to relocate them under the hood but idk yet, im just sick of everytime it rains or i hit a puddle or something i gotta unbolt them, flip them around, shake them etc etc just to get the water out... is there anything else i can do? my horns now still sound like their underwater so i brought them inside tonight to try and dry them out.

Hook up some air horns and a compressor--blow them clear! :D

I moved mine to the inside of the fenderwells. Just below the battery tray and below the air cleaner box. I just took them off the bracket & drilled a 3/8" or maybe a 5/16" hole & bolted them on.

I've got pics somewhere............I'll see if I can find them, but you get the idea.

Cover the openings with saran wrap. The sound will go through just fine.

yes they do... but their's also that delimma when water splashes upwards when you hit a puddle that it has the force to go inside the horn and settle inside the horn body

i have mine in the stock spot but bent them more forward after i trimmed the fenders. not a problem since with two snowy winters, two arizona monsoons.

There is a spade connector on the horn that a wire connects to. Remove the wire. That'll clear up the problem with the sound. It'll also cure the urge to over-use the horn.

Relocating the horns to the engine bay or inside the passenger side fender seems like a simple solution. On the passenger side there is large open area that is similar in size to the space the windshield washer reservoir occupies on the drivers side fender well.

Not a problem on my '94. It has the stock soft-cover to keep the splash from reaching the horn.
I say relocate the horn to where it won't get splashed, it's an easy fix that only requires a few feet of wire..

Hook up some air horns and a compressor--blow them clear! :D
Did this, it's great :D Only gets used on my friends and REALLY bad/obnoxious drivers though.

Speaking of which, if you ever feel like messing with someone on april fools day, wire their horns to their brake lights.

Relocating the horns to the engine bay or inside the passenger side fender seems like a simple solution. On the passenger side there is large open area that is similar in size to the space the windshield washer reservoir occupies on the drivers side fender well.

Yeah that's exactly where I moved mine, simple fix. I did say fenderwells in my original post, but I meant the topside under the hood.

well i plugged my horns in with bad results lol i think the water killed em, it kinda sounds like an air horn under water now, i may consider air horns this time around, or i may goto the JY and find 2 more just like mine and relocate them the right way =) i could always get the horns that play music lol

i just disconnected my horns tonight... they flooded up on me for the last time, i'll be like winterbeater and remove mine to save weight =)

Mine don't work due to breaking the piece in the column, and I'd really like them back.

In an emergency situation they may prevent an accident... I don't like not being able to tell someone I'm there.

Back