• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ purchase??

I have the same Lorena Bobbit issue. I told her about it and she laughed and gave me "the look" :gonnablow. I may want to quit while I'm ahead.

That'll make it:

Her car - 07 Camry -paid for
My commuter car - 02 Sentra - paid for
My truck - 03 Ford Ranger (4x2) - not paid for
My 90 XJ - uh, yeah. Paid for many times over.
My pieced together quad - the old roach.

...and an MJ that initially needs about $1000 in parts (not including the interior). That's 5 MY's to 1 hers. I have some more talking to do. :kissyou:

There's always Santa Claus.

^^^ I've had to open an attachment in an email which gave me a link to a word doc which had two lines of instructions and another link to a webpage that automatically opened another webpage that told me what to do before. I hate corporate IT drones with a passion, and barely noticed the multiple levels of links...

Paradise - Why will it require a thousand to get running? Looks like about 400-500 if you play your cards right, keep an eagle eye on your chapter classifieds, etc etc.

EDIT: further, buy the MJ and say you're fixing it up "for her"... then it's 2 Hers to 4 Yours. Problem solved!

Any decent MJ under $1000 is a BAGAIN!! Sure, it has a couple things that need fixing .... but BUY IT.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing that all Jeep buyers should consider. If you don't have the time, money, resources, or desire to fix it up .... please please please don't buy it on good intentions and then just let it sit and rust away.

Where's this thing? I need a pickup truck anyhow, and an MJ is #2 on the wish list (#1 is a pre-1974 J-Series V8...)

And, unlike the rest of you guys, my wife is pretty well on board with the idea already!

Oh - and I've already got an AX-15 to replace the Peugeot with...

What are you waiting for?
On second thought, my Wife has made threats if I spend any more money on Jeeps for the foreseeable future--exactly who is Lorena Bobbit?

Asked again...

Where's this thing? I need a pickup truck anyhow, and an MJ is #2 on the wish list (#1 is a pre-1974 J-Series V8...)

And, unlike the rest of you guys, my wife is pretty well on board with the idea already!

Oh - and I've already got an AX-15 to replace the Peugeot with...

It appears that there may be a Santa Claus after all...but...she said that after I build I need to sell the XJ...which is a possibility. I have a call into the guy...with some more questions and a conditional offer.

Any ideas on how to get this home behind my XJ?? Over 100 miles?

Well, I can't believe I'm finally on this path...but it looks like I'm getting an MJ. Santa does exist.

He took the $500 and added $100 to deliver it here. Not being one to b uy anything sight unseen, I'm taking the 100 mile drive today.

Other than already knowing it has issues and that it needs work does anyone have any "deal breakers" to look for??

congrats on the MJ purchase!!!

i completely suck at life and let one slip by for $700 (could have gotten away with $600 i think) for an 89 4.0 with a decent interior and great body. the rear main needed changing, but it was a gorgeous MJ local to me. I VERY rarely see them in Central NC. But the wife crushed my dream. Oh well. i can barely afford to keep my heep running, let alone another!

better it go to another fan that has the time and money for it.

Anyways, good luck and post some pics please for drooling purposes!

You should build it and sell your POS ranger..

Back