• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a 99 center console match up in a '96?

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
anyone know, I know 97's are a direct fit, don't know about 99's though...thanks

There are a few options, and "issues" One, either modify bracket and install newer brake handle. Shave down some material /maybe bend the current brake handle.
From what I have heard, the tube for the rear vent doesnt match up. and there is a small gap in the front where it meets with the dash.

yeah looking at a picture i might be tough to fit in, coulda swore someone said they were a direct fit

yeah we'll I"m not even close enough in skill to modify an e-brake, i'd probably end up with the jeep on fire

000_1160.jpg

Some artful folding of cardboard will fix the air duct. I put in the late shifter, the jury's still out on whether I like it or not. The e-brake really should have the later handle. Look at ehall's build thread about installing the e-brake cable. I got a whole interior from a '98- seats, carpet, shifter, e-brake handle, and built a power driver seat. The color is not a dead match, but it looks better in person than in pics.

yeah we'll I"m not even close enough in skill to modify an e-brake, i'd probably end up with the jeep on fire
Basically it is fitting the linkage to the bracket, and either drilling or using self tapping screws, to mount the new handle.

Back