• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Track Bar?

RenoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
In rock crawling applications? I have an old RE adjustable track bar, with stock bracket. . and it is making alot of niose, about time to replace..

Im looking at the TNT one or the new RE one, both with new bracket.

any input on which one is better, or a better choice?

Thank you

I have the RE1660 with the RE1665 bracket. Some of the best money I have spent on my jeep. After about 2 years I have now had to replace the bushing on the axle end (bought the trac bar used bracket new) and it was only $10 to replace it.

RE 1660, 1665, 1670.

Only track bar setup I would run.

I have the 1665/1670 setup (bracket/brace) with a JKS homebuilt track bar. I can honestly say that the bracket bolts don't have loctite on them and have come loose once since I've put it on over a year ago.

Custom one with 3/4" heims on both sides. No binding, stronger, and more solid feel. There is no point in have bushings on a trackbar, why would someone want their axle to move around ?

Custom one with 3/4" heims on both sides. No binding, stronger, and more solid feel. There is no point in have bushings on a trackbar, why would someone want their axle to move around ?

That sounds nice, I suppose.. But I need something alittle bit more pre engineered :)

Im sure you can have a shop fab you up a setup for not much more then an off the shelf. But if you still want to buy one I would stick to a double shear setup with a heim on one end.

"double shear"?
johnny joint on one end, and a rod end on another side??

Johnny joints suck and they are too big. You also cant fit any type of flex joint on the stock axle mount. They are all to big and wont have room to flex. Your almost stuck with using a bushing on the axle. I would definatly do a rod end or at least a flex joint on the frameside. Double shear...scroll down the page http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/NutsandBolts/Nuts&Bolts_signed.pdf

Any trackbar that has a chubby trucker girl cut into the frame side bracket...........those are the best ones.:D

100_7080.jpg

100_7081.jpg

100_7082.jpg

1. Chubby trucker girl
2. RE HD / JKS
876. Dog turd
877. TNT

Just my experience. The chubby trucker girl is just speculation.

Rock crawling can eat RE trac bars.
Id say build/ have a member build you one. I made mine from the collection of broken RE trac bars I had. I just used the rubber bushing at the bottom, .250 wall dom, and a jonny joint at the top. I also put a deeper bend in the bottom of mine so it wouldnt bottom out on the axle bracket.

1. Chubby trucker girl
2. RE HD / JKS
876. Dog turd
877. TNT

Just my experience. The chubby trucker girl is just speculation.

Truth be told..............the Chubby Trucker Girl was in fact a TNT bracket in it's previous life. There was a cut/chop/reweld that took place on the bracket after the JCR 1 Ton OTK steering was installed. Trackbar itself was left untouched but, the bracket was extended out into the wheel well a bit. This allowed us to keep the lengths as close to to the same as possible.

Back