• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to add .5" to the front ?

Hylander

NAXJA Forum User
My rear sets 1" higher
I want to raise my front .5" to level it out better.
Whats the best thing to do, just add another coil Isolator or ?

adding an isolator is probably the cheapest and quickest way to do it.

That should do it.

Are you changing from stock height? Wouldn't want you adding another if they are already stacked up in there 6 high.

Put a big dog in the back?:dunno:

Do coil spacers come that thin? I would think another isolator would soon become squashed. How about two or three.

I was thinking the OEM isolators were about 1/2", they might be thinner than that.

yanno... if you just go out and flex your ride a little bit im sure your rear will sag down at least an inch, ALSO... after you load your rig full of camping gear and or tools... your going to wish you had a taller rear

I have heard as well, another coil isolator gives about a half inch.

A stock coil spacer will get you .625 of an inch.

You can even shave 'em down a bit (remove a little rubber) in order to get a little less, if necessary.

I think OME offers a 3/8" trim spacer for that application, as well.

Last edited:
stock coil spacers do indeed measure 5/8". They also cost five or ten bucks a pair at your local junkyard, quite economical - if you don't like em, just flex it out till the coils come unseated a bit (you may need to put your tire jack between the shock mount on the axle and the frame rail) and use a utility knife to cut through one side of one spacer then pull them off, don't even need to take the springs out if you do it right.

How hard is it to install them? After putting an ARB bumper on my OME lift the front is a little lower than the back.. Would be nice to level it out

stock coil spacers do indeed measure 5/8". They also cost five or ten bucks a pair at your local junkyard, quite economical - if you don't like em, just flex it out till the coils come unseated a bit (you may need to put your tire jack between the shock mount on the axle and the frame rail) and use a utility knife to cut through one side of one spacer then pull them off, don't even need to take the springs out if you do it right.

the stock spacers have a metal reinforcement plate inside em, have fun cutting through them with a utility knife,

How hard is it to install them? After putting an ARB bumper on my OME lift the front is a little lower than the back.. Would be nice to level it out

you just need to remove the coil, install spacer, reinstal coil, pending on what suspention you have you may get away with just flexing it out enough to unseat coil

the stock spacers have a metal reinforcement plate inside em, have fun cutting through them with a utility knife,
:dunce: Oops, my apologies for bad info. I cut partially through one and figured the rest was more of the same :dunno: guess I didn't cut deep enough to hit the plate.

Sounds like another Isolator will do the trick.
I only have the one factory Isolator right now.

One other thing, how about bumpstops ?
What is evryone using for the rear, seems most are using Hocky pucks up from glued in, and I thought I was a Redneck :laugh:

I did because I was in a hurry :dunno: Ended up not even using them, I got the OME934s because my ZJ coils didn't give me enough lift (I determined I had accidentally gotten I6 ZJ coils instead of V8 ZJ coils), and the 934s didn't need the extra isolators to sit level.

Why buy used at the junkyard when they're less than $10 new?

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=52000229
Also Quadratec, and many other places sell them as well for short money.

For rear bumpstops, buy the upcountry ones. They're 4.1" tall. http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=52002393

because if he wanted to be spending money, he'd probably buy a coil spacer, coil isolators are easy because
1- cheap AND redily available, you can get em TODAY.
2- MOST jeepers have extra's around anyways.

also, that 'extended' upper bumpstop you posted, is probably good if you run a 1" lift kit, beyond that, that becomes pretty much only part of the solution.

Back