• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 Jeep cherokee security problem

FrazeNZ

NAXJA Forum User
Can you help? or have any suggestions? 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4L petrol. My jeeps remote is not commuinicating with the transciever to unlock the security. Truck wont start. I understabd this has the transistor type reciever? Can anyone suggest an alternative for security demobilizing of fixing? Frustraited Fraze

I would say go to the dealership and make sure the remote is programmed correct for the vehicle. If it isn't have them reprogam it. They can look up all the info by the VIN so you wont need the vehicle there and it shouldn't be an issue.

There is no way to disarm the sentry system. The only way is to have it towed to the dealer. You will have to buy a new remote also but they have to have the vehicle in order to program the new one. Once you get it working do yourself a favor and get one from ebay and the owners manual will explain how to program that one with the new one the dealer programed. Its best to have a spare these do go bad!!!

Back