• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My rear wheel well dilemma

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys so after I smashed my passenger rear 1/4 panel yesterday I pulled the smashed bushwacker flare and inside panels and found the high quality job done by a local shop. I would have done the flares myself but when they were done 3 years ago I was leaving for college the next day so I had a shop do them while that had my jeep. Learned my lesson about doing things yourself.

For now I need a quick fix to seal the split body panels until I can get it all welded up. I plan on doing what StumpXJ did to his rear wheel wells as seen in this thread. Any ideas or advice guys?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1011630&highlight=rear+fender+trim+fold

Due to how hacked the fender is I think this ^ will be my only option for the rear.

And here is my 1/4 panel :D

Before:

After some hammering:

Thanks for looking:wave1:

That is the what it looks like to get the Bwackers installed. I don't know first hand but I hear if you call Bwacker they will replace f'd up flare.

The install of the flares shouldnt have been that sloppy and half assed. Im not going to be running the BWs any more anyway, I will be doing some 1/4 panel armor from either JCR or Thor and doing some tube fenders. Bushwackers do more harm than good IMO

Any thoughts on how to seal the body, it just snowed and there is lots of salt on the roads and its very wet out so I want to keep them as out of the elements as possible.

I would primer the area and caulk for now to keep crap out and deal with rebuilding when weather is better. My install looked very similar and wasn't impressed but I did the work. I recut the area to look good and built new fender wells out of 10g sheet metal. The job turned out good for my liking. I willtube fender at some point.

Don't prime unless you can get it painted right away. Primer is very porous and is not meant to be any kind of sealer. If you need to paint it, just use some regular Rustoleum paint until you can do the job right.

I dont have a receipt or anything, I bought them new from a member on here but Ill give em a call and see what they say. Good lookin out, thanks. Looks like I will be doing the rear cut and fold on the lower 1/4s which will close them back up and then I will do the rest of the wheel well.

Back