• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Air Intake Question

x1995j

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I have a quaetion about aftermarket air intakes. I have a 95 xj and was looking around at air intakes. I found one I like. It is made by S&B. However the description says it only fits 96-01 xjs. A lot of other intakes say they will fit all years, so I think it should fit a 95. Am I wrong?

Thanks

From the perspective of mounting to the head, they are all the same from 91-01. What may be different is the shape and ports to support engine management/vacuum/emissions. I am not familiar with each version, but sometimes they plug ports that they don't use. Sometimes, the casting will not be drilled and tapped but the feature might be there.

You will need to compare or wait for a response here. You might PM 5-90, who may know.

My 95 intake has an extra fitting on the tube that my 99 does not. Some might be universal, I know Rusty's air tube is not.

rusty's is if you put a cap over the extra air line fitting. i took it out of my '89 and put it in my '99

I have the S&B. It fit like complete crap and needed considerable modification to fit. The hood wouldn't even shut to begin with do I had to trim the flange to the throttle body by about an inch. Then the air box was too far toward the radiator so I had to re drill the mounting holes. The last issue was the bung for the valve cover hose isn't exactly round. I emailed S&B about it and their response was basically "tough crap".

Yeah.. I wouldn't recommend it.

Back