• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Offroad Hack n' tap seal flange...wth?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a seal kit for the 242TC from them to use with my hack and tap I'm doing, but I can't figure out how the timken seal is supposed to sit into the flange?

There's a lip on one side and not on the other, but neither seem to fit the Timken seal very well.

Anyone who's done this and knows which way it goes, please fill me in.

~Scott

P.S. I'd call ironrockoffroad...but they tend to be closed when I'm available to call.

Hi Scott,
Press the seal into the flange on the opposite side from the counter-bore.

Thanks!
Josh

I bought a seal kit for the 242TC from them to use with my hack and tap I'm doing, but I can't figure out how the timken seal is supposed to sit into the flange?

There's a lip on one side and not on the other, but neither seem to fit the Timken seal very well.

Anyone who's done this and knows which way it goes, please fill me in.

~Scott

P.S. I'd call ironrockoffroad...but they tend to be closed when I'm available to call.

I suspect he didn't realize IRO had an account on here - I didn't. Only 11 posts and not an official vendor either so it could always be some random joe schmoe... obviously isn't, and seems like the question's been answered quite satisfactorily, but you never know.

Hey Muddy maybe PM's to the vendor would be more in line next time.

Yeah, that would be fantastic if there were listed as a vendor. Come on dude, I have 2000+ post, give me a little credit for not posting threads that shouldn't be posted.

Kastein you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks IRO, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

~Scott

P.S. Maybe this should go in the directions for future help? I was surprised it wasn't already in the directions for install online personally. Seems like an important thing to note.

Back