• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added Overhead Console with long sunvisors, now where do the short ones clip to?

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 that i wired up an overhead console, and it had the long sunvisors that clipped in the middle, now since the console is in, i had to take out the long sunvisors because there was no room. When i get my hands on some short ones, where does the ends of the shorter ones clip to? Do i have to drill new holes or what? Thanks.

on my 01 the visors clip into the overhead console and I reused the factory ones when I installed it. I know that the older XJ's had a different shaped one but I though they were the same general size. If you need clips I have the old ones still. Send me a PM if you want them.

88XJSport said:
where does the ends of the shorter ones clip to? Do i have to drill new holes or what? Thanks.

When you get your new shorter visors be sure to get the visor clips also, and check out where they mount in the donor XJ. There should be a hole of some sort already in the metal of the roof.

97-01 Use the same size visors, with or without a console.

Back