• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 help

mxracer5647

NAXJA Forum User
ok so ive been having lots of front end problems.. right now i have a lp dana 30 with broken spider gears and bad pinion yoke sitting in the garage. then i have a hp dana 30 under my jeep with something bent because it has a bad negative camber on the driverside its not a bad ball joint. can i swap the spider gears out of the hp and put them in the lp? and i was also really stupid and because i couldnt get the bolts out of the pinion yoke on the lp i cut it apart just to get it out from under my jeep:doh:. so can i just take the pinion yoke off the hp too? and what is all needed to do that swap?

thanks for the help!

Yes to both questions.

HP or LP, the side gears/spider gears will all be the same as well as the carriers (as long as it is the same ratio).

Torque the pinion nut to 200-300 ftlbs. You will need to hold the yoke with something in order to accomplish this amount of torque. I use loctite on the pinion nut.

Back