• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropping fuel tank, how to remove filler hose?

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question since my fuel tank is kinda half hanging out of my rig. :laugh:

1993 w/ 4.0.

I have the fuel tank disconnected (and one of the two J-bolts cut)... before I cut the 2nd J-bolt and drop the tank, how do I remove the filler hose?

I took out all 4 of those bolts that go around the gas cap metal plate thing, so that is loose, but do I have to actually start to lower the tank before I can get to the hose clamps to disconnect the hose itself?

Thanks. Got it, tanks out. :)

I don't know why I didn't see that myself. Maybe because the screws holding it in were rusted bad and matched the steel of the access plate :D

cool, will def take a look at that. I will be replacing the fuel pump while it is out so maybe I will just do a few other mods as well :). As much as I want to do it I don't care about making the extra stop for gas and idk how much time that mod would take, I am pressed for time as it is so this make be one of those "I know I should do it... but I wont". I am really starting to consider raising the tank about 6" as well. Will figure that out tomorrow when I cut out all the floors and see what I m working with.

Back