• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood vent from Hummer H3/H2?

winkosmosis

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at the hood vent on a Hummer H3 following me in traffic today (even 2pm traffic is crazy when it snows in Houston).

Are the vents on the H3 and H2 functional? If so, do they have drip pans? Any reason they couldn't be used on an XJ?

03.hummer.h2.f34.500.jpg

h3blackedition.jpg

how were you going to deal with the channel that runs up center of the hood if they are? I am not sure it would be worth the effort, and I do not think you would find those parts for cheap in the junkyard either.

All this talk of drip pans.... Is this really neccesary? Or only of you that live in places that get real weather?

All this talk of drip pans.... Is this really neccesary? Or only of you that live in places that get real weather?

I don't like the idea of dripping water where it shouldn't be. There is stuff that can corrode, short, or crack from uneven cooling. Just ask the people who wash their engines with them running then post on forums that they broke something.

Ask all the people who run the LeBaron hood vents. None of the locl XJ's with LaBaron vents have any issues with thunderstorms, automatic carwashes or snow/ice.

Ask all the people who run the LeBaron hood vents. None of the locl XJ's with LaBaron vents have any issues with thunderstorms, automatic carwashes or snow/ice.
so far so good. its nice to see the heat just flowing right out.. open the hood after a 3 hour drive and have it be "warm" but not 350*..

the downside is, i cant really "warm up food" like some folks do under the hood.. :laugh:

Back