• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mount lift?

I have not tried these but they will not have as much of an effect as a t-case drop. It will only lower the output yoke of the t-case maybe 1/2" at most. This a very expensive and less effective way to address drive line angle problems.

not to mention possible clearance issues with the mechanical fan. depending on what intake you have of if you have a TB spacer, itll prolly hit the the hood like bdiamond said

Generally, you do a MM lift when you do a body lift....

....that being said, I have never understood doing a MM lift on an XJ.....

I bought 1" currie lift motor mounts for my xj a few years ago.I finely got around to putting them on my current rig. lets just say there is not enough room in the tunnel for the aw4. I cut them down 1/2" and called it good.
flipa.gif

Already have a drop kit. I wonder at what point does the front angle start getting to out of alignment. I need new, upgraded mounts anyway. I was hoping to eliminate the drop kit all together. I'm so lazy! I have a SYE kit in the garage!:spin1:

I would just get some normal motor mounts myself not the lift ones.

Generally, you do a MM lift when you do a body lift....

....that being said, I have never understood doing a MM lift on an XJ.....

This is true TJs I seen on did have a body lifts as well. My old service mgr told me that they help with the DL angles too, (kinda think he was full if it) I can see that they may help with the DL angle but it might throw off the motor and tranny angle too IMO.

It's more for when you lift the transfer case up (belly up) on the Wranglers. The body lift is optional (although you usually get exhaust clearance problems. Lifting the motor up too keeps the angles closer to stock.

I would just get some normal motor mounts myself not the lift ones.

This is true TJs I seen on did have a body lifts as well. My old service mgr told me that they help with the DL angles too, (kinda think he was full if it) I can see that they may help with the DL angle but it might throw off the motor and tranny angle too IMO.

thats because on a tj they are mainly used even with a sye because of the need for such a short driveshaft. this keeps your cv angle from being real bad on the jeeps. with a tj the WB is so short if you run an sye you need adj. upper arms as well as a 1" motor mount lift to get the full potential of your sye.

i run a daystar 1" bdl and 1" motor mnt lift on my dd tj
DSC04669.jpg

Back