• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ 4x4 f-150/s-10 lift?

rwhockey29

NAXJA Forum User
so, im new here obviously, and just got my first jeep. 89 XJ 4x4 i6 with the AW4 trans. i picked it up for $225 so im going budget build on it. ive been told that i can use coils out of an older f-150, and leaf springs out of an s-10 to get a cheap lift. will this work?

or any other ingenious cheap lift setups? looking for around 4". thanks!

Ok, I hate to be "that guy"...but c'mon dude, seriously... search is your friend.

Since I'm here I might as well be a bit useful... You can use S-10 leafs (among others, Dakota for example) to mix n match with your leaf pack (creating a "bastard pack" <-- search it!!) to get any number of different lift heights.

i tried searching, but couldnt find anything about strictly s10 leaf springs. only bastard packs.thats why i made the thread.i guess the guy meant a bastard pack(i know what that is lol). i was thinking it was a straight swap for s10 springs. guess it cant be that easy

I used the entire s10 pack,minus overload, under the XJ main leaf in the rear, along with V8 ZJ coils and 2" spacers up front. Got me about 3.5 - 4" all around.
Definitely search not only here but also google as there are quite a few really good right ups on the subject.

I know F-150 springs are ROUGH since they are made for a 5000 pound truck.

those F-150 springs will make your ride suck donkey nuts. way to stiff. like mentioned above, use zj coils and 2 lift spacers.

do not use blocks in the back. ill never talk to you again if you do.

Back