• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 linkage problem

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
trasnfercase linkage issues with the np231 and aw4 tranny. Now would the novak take care of all this? and will it work on a cherokee? and no i do not have a t case drop and it has a rubicon 5.5 kit and my jeep is a 2000 sport which was 2wd and now im coverting it to 4x4

It will work with the NP231 and the AW4, is meant for Jeep and late model Dodge.

If your concern is with the fitment with the floor console you should call Novak and get their input. Unlike a chain parts store they won't want to sell you something that won't fit.

Another choice is the Advance Adapters NP231 bracket adapter. It is not a complete shifter, and was intended for the TJ, but works on the Cherokee when you use a TJ bracket on the NP231. I have this on my 1990.

Bracket: http://advanceadapters.com/product/2565/(P/N-715542)-Stand-alone-TJ-&-Cherokee-Shifter-Bracket.html

Yours might be a direct fit, being a late model. Again, the instructions with the AA bracket said you might need the TJ transfer case bracket, and I did for my 1990. The torque bar, and both rods and the adjusting trunnion and the original lever worked fine, I just had to add the TJ bracket on the NP231. The AA bracket mounts in the same place on the NP231 as the standard tc bracket, they piggy back on the same mounting studs, longer studs come with the bracket.

Back