• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Drop Brackets

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, I am getting some RE Drop Brackets from a friend. Now the only thing is, he said they dont have the back brace to them.. You know, they only go into the LCA Mount and have the LCA and UCA connections, no back plate that braces it and bolts to it and the crossmember.

Is 150 a good deal for them?

Where can I get the backing plate, and how much are they?

Thats an OK deal, its not great, you can buy the frame braces, which you MUST GET, from RE (about$190 if i recall) maybe less i just remember them not being cheap

ktm racer 419 said:
wait... steve ran them without the braces?

running them without the braces is a bad idea if you intend to wheel it. they move the mount lower and put a huge leverage increase on the stock mount. i've seen 2 XJs rip the stock mounts backward and tear the frame.
spend the $$ and get the braces.

You'll like the dbs, but definetly get the braces to go with it.

The RE braces are stronger that the MJ frame stiffeners. I have the stiffeners on my XJ.

mj's have a much longer mount on the unirail, and the lca pockets are double the thickness of the xj mount.
I don't know if it's strong enough, ust clarifying what the difference is in the mj mount.
sory for the pic, it's the only one I got. Ignore the booty fab trail fix for the lca.
tn_DSCF0566.JPG

TheArsonist21 said:
Steve has a Commanche, they do not require braces becasue they have the backing in the stock I guess...
x2

Comanches have stronger/longer LCA bracket braces. The RE brace will not work on an MJ.

Back