• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The ultimate daily driver build up( pictures coming)

So after the loss of my 97 SE model, I picked up a nice purplish blue 1999 sport with just 120,000 on it. It had PDL, PW, cruise, AC, and a nice JVC CD player that the PO put in. This Jeep had nothing else. No fogs, no tweeters, no tow package. It had the basic equipment that came in the sport package. Since then I have added many factory upgrades to this thing and am still in the process of adding more comfort features.... Pictures coming shortly.

Having a hard time posting pics. Anyone lend me a hand?

Heres the list of completed mods to date

1. Added woodgrain center dash panel. Looks great with tan interior.

2. Added aftermarket Powerbass tweeters in the spot where the factory ones would be. Used the Infiniti factory tweeter covers I found at the junkyard to give it a OEM look.

Added a 10 inch alpine sub with a 1500 watt amp. Got it for 20 dollars on craigslist.

3. Added factory tow hitch with 7 pin wiring connector. All the wiring runs through a small gromet behind the bottom of the rear drivers quarter panel and plugs into the area behind the spare tire. Make sure you get the nutstrip for putting in the hitch.

4. Tekonshna Voyager electric trailer brake. The blue wire going to the back of the XJ is present behind the kick panel wether or not your rig came with a tow package.

5. Overhead console with mini trip computer. All the wiring is present in non O/H console equipped jeeps, however, it is located behind the glovebox. When pulling the console, make sure to grab the harness that runs along the A panel. The bracket would have been nice, but the one I pulled was fubar so I just used 4 self tapping screws. It is tight and looks great!

6. Ipod interface to the JVC head unit. I would have liked to have gotten the 3.5mm mini adapter however I got a great deal on this thing so I can't complain.

Currently, I am looking for Euro lights, a 4 switch bezel with an ext. Idle switch, chrome grill, and possibly some step rails. This is my NC to Florida driver so there will be no lift or big tires until I obtain another vehicle. Give me any suggestions you might have!

Also added factory fogs and foglight switch. The XJ didn't have the wiring in place so I made my own. I used the illumination wire and the ground from the pigtail behind the dash and ran it to the switch. I then ran a wire to the fusebox and used a empty slot to send the switch power. Next I ran a wire through the firewall to a relay and then power, grounds, and foglight wires to the relay. The wiring works, as I have tested it with a meter, however, both foglights have shot bulbs, so I will get those changed when I get paid.

photobucket is really easy. once you upload, view the picture, and copy/paste the image code into a reply, like this:
edit: nevermind on my post. i didn't want to make this a cheap excuse to show off my junk.:D

This isn't OEM tech.

It's an SE with OE options and a stereo. It's not exactly a mod tech build thread either.

Agree, it is more of a non-tech/off topic thread.

Back