• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ran 2"BB with 3" AAL's?

johndoby

NAXJA Forum User
For the past couple days, I've going through the Readers Rigs thread and searching. Nearly every photo I liked lacked specs, every post with specs had a dead Photobucket link, and every photo with specs had a photo of the Jeep flexing, but none on level ground. Anyways, most of the photos I've seen of BB's have the obvious spring saggage in the rear.

I was wondering why I haven't seen many people mating a 3" rear AAL on a 2" BB. It seems like it would work out to be perfect once the spring sags. Mine are already sagging, so I think I would probably get 2.5" lift (from stock) with a 3" AAL.

What I want is a level (or even slightly higher in the rear) budget boost, where I can fit 30's and hopefully not have driveline issues. I realize there may be no guarantee for any of this due to the variation in rigs, but was wondering if it's a concept that's been tested.

yeah, i've done it for several years! it works, and mine was really flexy and road great!
i ran 3" coils in front, 3" aal, and spacers and shackles. it was great, but i eventually went to an S10 bastard pack.

But you used 3" coils in the front? I was looking for someone that had run a 2" lift (coils or spacer) in the front with a 3" AAL in the rear to compensate for sagging.

When I first bought my XJ that was the first thing I did was a 2" spacer and a AAL and the rear ended up being higher then the front. My leafs where sagging too before the AAL, a 3" on the front would have worked out better for me IMO. I used the full AAL not the short one.

What brand did you use? How long has it been lifted now?

I just put the 2" RC shackles on the rear of mine and it easily clears 30s without any driveline issues. The stock springs were sagging so it looks a little bit lower in the rear, but not that bad. I don't have any level ground around my house so this picture is with the front end a bit higher than the rear.

postxj.jpg

Back