• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear T-case drive shaft play "twisting"

Ewen91

NAXJA Forum User
While in neutral and on a flat surface with ebrake on my rear drive shaft has a serious amount of play. The twisting motion back and fourth feels like an inch or more of movement. When going in reverse and then putting in the clutch(still rolling back, just no engaugement), it almost gets this wind up and clunk clunk. When going down the road I can be in any gear mainly 1-3 i can let on and off the gas and get back on it and i can feel the play in the drivetrain. Does it worse in 4L. Here are my specs
Powertrax no slip locker ( which i know has SOME roll in it)
Brand new MOORE motor mounts and new tranny mount.
Still has stock driveshaft (order new SYE and tom woods shaft on the way).
Just replaced The IAC and TPS MOPAR replacements, and cleaned the thottle body. (helped some with this problem) less severe.
I also bought a powertrax no slip rebuild kit (new springs, pins, etc)
Could this be a loose t-case chain? I do not have slipping on the the chain as far as I Know but could there be enough to cause some backlash? The rear end is 8.25 and has about 15K miles on it since new bearings/seals/gears/locker. Anything that i need to replace and I will i just cant get over how it doesnt ride that great when on and off the gas.

Where is the new trans mount from?

Back