• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

led rock lamps

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Just got the visionx tantrum rock light kit for my xj in white. Will be installing it tonight, and possibly some real world nightime tests. I'll will try and get some night pics of my camera will cooperatie with the dark. I will be sealing the cord where it goes in and around where the lens meets the body. I also upgraded to longer higher quality screws, and will be using urethate on the backside of the lamps along with the screws

http://www.visionxusa.com/led/tantrum/ they were $100 canadian

Let me know how those work for you. I have had my eye on those for a while and they look like a great deal. My only concern is they look like they would project more of a spot than a flood. Good luck and we want pics.
Will do man, They do look like they project a spot, but it looks like about the right size, O may add two more centralized 55watters later, just kinda cool,I don't normally buy stuff like this

those LED's would be cool to wire up under the hood. whats the mic for thats included? is that so they strobe to the beat of the music your playing or something?

the lights are awesome,exceeded my expectations. will get some pics,mic is for homey mode bass thump.

they were $100 canadian
Sylvania dot-it's. 9bucks at canadiantire lol
sylvania-dot-it.jpg

j/k. nice pick-up

Last edited:
here are the pics, camera seems to shut out all the flood effect, leaving mostly the focused beam. The pics don't do them justice,maybe just the soft light? i'm no camera guru:
Random001.jpg

Random002.jpg

Random003.jpg

Random004.jpg

Random005.jpg

Random006.jpg

Random007.jpg

Random008.jpg

maybe my vid camera be better

that looks cool, i like it! im thinking of getting the amber light maybe it might work better than the white because it wont glare as much. softer light sometimes will help you see better.

heres some more better pics::sunshine:

auto cam mode :
001.jpg

night mode:
002.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
$119 is alittle to pricey for me(amazon.com price). they do look great thou.

whats the box for?

could ya get it with out homey bass mode? with my sub on i might give people a seizure!

i ran these on my rubi and never had an issue. just have to buy a switch and do a small amount of wiring.

http://www.ledunderglowlights.com/8pc-white-led-pod-lighting-kit.aspx

cant beat rock lights for less then $50!

-Mine were 105 canadian, so you should be able to get em for way cheaper in the states (our stuff usually inflated in cost about 25% or more)
-bass mode is only one of 8 sequences of operation- mine stay on solid or off as I have little use for homey mode. It comes with a 4 button remote control for ease of operation
-the box is what all the lights plug into under the hood, then to the controller box inside the jeep (also has led display synched to tell you what the 8 led pods are doing.)

I'll tell ya what, after looking at those real pics of the lights at work, i'm gonna have to get me a set of these! They look plenty bright and I like that the LED's have a low amp draw, so I can have my other spotlights on as well without draining alot of power. I'm thinking a Christmas gift to myself is in order.

$115 was the us price i found on amazon.

$115 still aint bad, most of em are $150 and up.

is the relay box sealed?

i liked my old setup but i was constantly checking my connections(i wired it up half drunk) cause i was worried about a fire. a sealed box and pre terminated plugs would make me feel alittle safer.

Back