• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM piston rings

natep1

NAXJA Forum User
Could anyone direct me in the right direction where to find a single cylinder ring set? Everywhere I've looked they want to sell me a 6 pack. I found some on rockauto, the first two listed (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1363384,parttype,5640) but they say they are specifically for the sealed power pistons. If those work, I'm fine with that but I don't want to ASSume on that.
TIA for the info and help.

Just realized I posted in modified. To save my arse it's for a stroker.:twak:

you dont have to re size the cylinder. i just went threw this same problem a week ago. i found a single set at autozone for $20 but they are special order and there vinder is out of stock. witch usually means they dont make them anymore. so i called a few machine shops and they found me a whole set for $25. you might want to try that first.

Why not get the entire ring set? Not sure what you did or the problem is but if one set of rings is damaged or wore out others might be as well. If it were me and my stroker I'd change all of them out to be safe and not have to worry about it again.

Stupidity broke it. Motor has about 8k on it, had to redo bearings due to oil pump failing due to head crack. I pulled the pistons out so I could clean the block before putting it back together and when I was spinning/checking the rings it snagged on my coat and I broke it. I rather pay ~$12-15 for the mistake versus ~$50. No reason to replace the rest.

As long as you know the bore and the ring(s) thickness you should be able to buy a ring(s) anywhere.After that it doesnt matter who made the pistons(although ring weight might bother me if this motor was balanced with the ring set),but the weight difference is most likely within tollerance.Just make sure you gap the rings to the cylinder!

Back