• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engein Swap

Shane_92-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So i scored a 2000 4.0......curious if anybody knows if it is possible to put it in my 92xj? just wondering......hoping it all just bolts on with parts swapping and what not.

hoping somebody has done something similar.

thanks

Shane

Yeah it'll go but its got distributorless ignition on it, not sure what you would have to adapt to make it work (Swapping sensors and what not).

i put a 2002 wj 4.0 in my 89. was more or less a "bolt-in". as was stated, all you you have to do is pull the cam sensor and put the distributor in. the accessories may be different but they can fit with a little elbow grease.

zedpapa

allsya gotta do is put your dizzy in the hole, and use your original ignition, just swap the motor, nothing else

So would the reverse be true then that if I had an older 4.0 than a 2000 I just put the cam sensor from the 2000 in the dist hole and it will work????? I'm assuming there would be an alignment process to be performed.......

Back