• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a diagram for under dash fuse box

arsxj1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 XJ 4.0 4x4 and I need a diagram for the fuses under the dash on the drivers side. I cant seem to find one anywhere. :helpme:

Maybe this will help, its out of the manual for my girlfriends 96. They should be about the same...

DSCI0501.jpg

DSCI0503.jpg

DSCI0505.jpg

This is all Ive been able to find so far, Fuse 2 in the PDC.
From the FSM:
"2 - 30 Amp (Green)
Engine Control (ECU) - Fuel Pump, Injectors, Ignition Coil,
Oxygen Sensors, Generator Field, Engine Controller Automatic
Transmission Controller (ATCU)."

But it seems like that would cause the engine to not run at all.. What are your symptoms?

judging from your other thread, I would start tracing wires from the oxygen sensor... How bad is your gas mileage?
Have you done a tune up lately?
I would check your cap/rotor, wires, and spark plugs if you havent..

Last edited:
Replaced all that already. All brand new and didnt make any change in performance. I think my fuel economy is ok but on the other hand im use to a 5.4L Expedition so anything seems like a civic :roflmao:. I drive the XJ 60 miles a day 5 days a week and it runs great on the highway its just this idle problem has got me doing too much of this :repair:...

The O2 sensor fine tunes the air/fuel ratio at speeds above idle. A non-functioning O2 shouldn't have any bearing on idle quality, although they do have a finite lifespan, and if you're unsure of its age/mileage, by all means, replace it and fix your frayed wires. I honestly don't think it will fix the idle problem, but in the long run it will help MPGs, and promote a cleaner running engine.

You mentioned you cleaned the TB and IAC. Did you remove the IAC, and scrape out the pintle and oriface? Impossible to do unless disassembled. I don't know, but would a failing TPS give you the crummy slow speed/idle quality? I've never had this problem, so I'm taking a shotgun approach, maybe learn something myself...Good luck, let us know what you find.

I guess either of the 2 could. I didnt remove the IAC maybee I should. And I guess the EGR system uses the signal from the TPS along with others for that purpose so if its bad it could also. How can I test the TPS?

I've never done it myself. There are threads about how to do it, involves a multi-meter, analog IIRC. I believe it resembles a rheostat, with voltage or signal strength controlled by the throttle plate shaft, tells the ECU where the throttle is. It can go bad (dirty?), with dropouts alternately turning injectors on and off.

Back