• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 tranny mount bolts?

xj4rocks

NAXJA Forum User
anyone happen to know the size of the 2 bolts that attach the tranny mount to the tranny are? lost mine in some repair work.

help is GREATLY appreciated.

I belive they are 18mm

Mike

Which mounting bolts.....mounting bolts to the unibody rails are 15mm.
The 4 mounting bolts in center, directly under t-case/tranny (rubber dampener) are 13mm.

I belive he said tranny mount to tranny.;)

Mike

I think they're either M10x1.5 or 3/8-16 - I seem to remember something odd about the fitment, so they may be inch. They were a readily available size, so no trouble there. Get both at about 1.25" long and let me know which it was...

Pity I haven't that Excel sheet handy I've been working on for the last couple years... I've got a lot of those bolts listed on it, and should probably post it somewhere...

5-90

oops.....you got me there Mike - Your also right on the 18mm call. I should find some coffee before continuing to post. heh.

stealership said that his comp said they were 25mm. he was just going to order 2 for me so that I'd have the right ones. I didn't feel like going to find large metric bolts and then have to buy half a dozen to find the one that fits right.

Now I KNOW they're not that big - 25mm is almost an inch! These are in the 3/8" range, and that makes them 3/8" or M10, and I remember them having a coarse thread.

I don't have any handy that I could measure, but I'm willing to bet on 3/8"-16x1.25", or M10x1.5x30mm. Both should be relatively inexpensive and quite readily available (by contrast, that M25 the dealership is trying to foist off on you is slightly smaller than the output shaft on your transfer case....)

5-90

An M25 isn't a common size. If your dealer is right, it is a custom. That's not very likely.

I originaly grabbed the Machinery's Handbook to see if there was a metric hex head with 25mm flats but that isn't the case either.

Your dealer guy likes to talk out his....

they might be 25mm long. 2 different dealers said the only info the computer showed about the bolts was that it said 25mm. i will know by friday. i'll report back what I find.

one dealer here in town told me he couldn't get tehm. The next dealer said the warehouse in milwaukee had 47,000 of them available and I could have them by friday. :rolleyes:

It sounds like they are metric from the limited feedback you are getting.

I would go to your local Fastenal and buy both the M10x1.5 x 25mm long and the 3/8-16 x 1.00" long.

While you are at it buy a couple longer ones too. You are spending too much time dinking with the dealer. Measure what you need and go to the supply house.

they're defintely metric. everything is metric.

I'm not in a hurry. so to wait for them to show up tomorrow ain't no big deal. plus finding metric fastners here is like finding osama bin d*ckhead......

I was curious if anyone knew the size previous to me calling the dealer. i'll let everyone know what size they are tomorrow when I get them.

Back