• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what engine

natesjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so i recently blew my engine out of my 97 and was wondering what other years engines will fit in it. it a 4.0l 6 cylinder also what would cause the engine to go at about 100000 mile always had tune up and oil changes. thanks for any help.

It would help us to help you if you let us know exactly how the engine "blew." Blowing an engine can be a number of things, without detailed information like "it blew a rod through the block," etc., it is hard for us to know exactly what happened.

To answer your first question, my understanding is any H.O. 4.0 will be a direct swap. So any I6 engine made by Jeep from '91 or later.

As Beg said, need more information to give a good answer. Some possibilities are not keeping up on fluid levels, either oil or coolant. Getting water into the oil, or into the motor it's self. Wrong kind of fuel (E85) for the engine set up. Generally it's pretty hard to kill these things, but it is possible.

To clarify I ment that the long block should pretty much go right in. Keeping all of the original sensors, accessories, brackets and attachments from the broken engine. There are significant differences in engine computers, emissions and even the refrigerant used in the AC over the life of the H.O.

Back