• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just got rearended need advice

ricot83

NAXJA Member #1297
I just got rear ended two days ago, aside from all this soreness i need to find another xj. I have sourced a 2000 xj for like 4000$

1.but its a distributorless ignition, is this good or bad? I have a saab with a DI Cassette(distributorless ign) and am not worried about it, just wondering

2. Low pinion D30 that sux!!! right????

3 anything else to worry about a 2000 or 2001?????

thank you

I do plan to buy back my old one just to take all the crap off of it.

it has an 8.25 in the rear so no abs and i beieve it is an SE model. What about the whole 0331 head deal???

o yeah the great news they r giving me 2700 and i have to pay 300 to buy back :) not bad.

ok well i will check out he casting numbers and such and look for the crack and traces of coolant blah blah blah... also when i change the old HP30 in place of the new LP 30 what should i do about axle shafts, seals and all that, obviously i assume i will be taking the 297-x ujoint axleshafts and poppin em into the hp unit and such, do i need to get new seals and stuff like that? also are the brakes different,? should i take the hubs and brake assemblies from the new one to the old ??

i was thinking i dunno if i will have time to do the damn hp swap and i am going to be going up to like 4.5" lift so it may not be worth it i may be better off with like a 99 or 98

Bummer about the accident...i know the shock of getting hit..
it is not just psychological...it feels bad...for some reason.

Yeah...but the 2000 is newer..and a 2001 even newer...
The HP 30...what year is yours? Move it with the lift kit...

IMHO...new body (less wear and tear)...remember the XJ is out of production..(period). You can get a 2006 Wranger Unlimited...also going out of production. IMHO...I wouldn't mind building an 06 TJ UL....Same as a Cherokee ...(almost)..

New Wranger...now that is another topic.

my xj was a 94 so it doesnt have the newer axle shafts and i think one of my hub bearings was on its way out.

sorry, way off topic but you said you have a SAAB with a DI. Is it a 4 cylinder? if so just checkin if you have had the recall performed to replace the DI cassette? if not schedule it soon, those can give you no warning before they go and they will leave you stranded where/when ever it does, no start. Not tryin to scare you or anything but I used to work at a SAAB dealer and saw so many of them go before the recall came out and then we were changing them left and right. it is really simple though, takes maybe a half hour, probably less, and wont cost you anything. I cant remember the campaign number of hand though.

ricot83 said:
i was thinking i dunno if i will have time to do the damn hp swap and i am going to be going up to like 4.5" lift so it may not be worth it i may be better off with like a 99 or 98
Yep...go with a 97-99 for HP D30. But the 2000-01 have the distributorless ignition and some other engine updates.
Look at this link for parts catalog, he has other specs and features information:
http://www.xjjeeps.com/tech_reference.asp?section=2&ID=0

langer1 said:
just got rear ended need advice

Make sure you get tested regularly for Aids.

lmao

tatoo I know i got checked and got 3 di cassettes out of the deal ;) a little enginuity.

Back