• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LC arm mounting location for HM long arms

wade_hack

NAXJA Forum User
I know I have read this some where on here before, but I can't seem to find it. Please excuse me for being a noob!
I have a set of home made long arms. The LC arms are 34 1/4 long eye to eye. I'm going to start building the frame mounts and need to know where I locate them on the frame.
I've also read that a pinion angle set at 5 to 7 degrees should work. Is that correct?

Last edited:
I think most kits put the lower long arm frame attachment points right at the stock transmission xmember location. You can take your arm, put one end next to the lower mount on the axle and see where the other end locates on the frame, should be close to there.

I know I have read this some where on here before, but I can't seem to find it. Please excuse me for being a noob!
I have a set of home made long arms. The LC arms are 34 1/4 long eye to eye. I'm going to start building the frame mounts and need to know where I locate them on the frame.
I've also read that a pinion angle set at 5 to 7 degrees should work. Is that correct?

dont know about the exact degree for the pinion(should be close to inline with the driveshaft), but wheel caster should be 5-7 degrees although with a lift, 7 dgrees would be hard to get.

arnt the long arms adjustable? if not, you will need to make the mounts adjustable. without adjustability, you cant dial in caster or pinion angle.

My upper control arms (custom) are mounted to the crossmember (also custom) about 1 1/2" forward of the leading edge of the crossmember. I don't know how this compares to a stock crossmember. The bolts for the upper are within 1" of the bolts for the lower arms. You must have either the upper or lower arms adjustable. 5-7* of pinion angle is what I have read also. On mine though, I have to have about 3/8" of toe out to prevent death wobble. I think this is because of bent c's and a worn track bar bushing.

Back