• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Jeep progress?

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
Just a little comisserating here, how many going to Moab have so much to do still to their Jeeps that they feel like they are just about rebuilding the whole thing?

Obviously I do :rolleyes:

XJguy

I'll should finish most everything up today.
CROK plate and a rusty's steering box brace, new C4X4 front winch bumper, reinstall my winch, and a Rusty's steering conversion. I have one bad "hard" brake line that needs to be cut and re-flared, but I need some help from someone that is competent at doing brake work. Other than that, I just have miscellaneous stuff I want to do, but if doesn't get done it won't stop me from going to Moab. :D
Dan.

Last edited:
Well,

I started a whole new project, started with a totally stock 95 XJ, on Aug 23 just to bring to Moab. Last night I got most of the suspension done to put it on all 4s. Still have a lot of thing to do to complete the entire project. Total of 100 man hours so far!

mark
orgs mfg

guilty....

but its not like I'm FEELING I'm rebuilding the jeep, I ACTUALLLY AM rebuilding it!!!

three weeks to go, and its still on jackstands!

6 weeks of work to do in three weeks.....

sux.

I don't want to elaborate because it'll make my head explode, but I'm in the same boat.

Mine's really close. I've been working hard on it all summer, so I COULD be ready tomorrow.;)

Yup, me too!

I got it mostly trail ready and went to "Carnage Canyon" last week -- did something bad to the ZJ steering components. So, now I'm looking at putting on some factory FSJ stuff for an over-the-knuckle set-up. Still need to make the traction bar for the rear, fix a bent brake line and install the chassis lights -- I want to do a night run this year! Then it's just a bunch of lilttle things.

See ya there!

Well, I've got the front axle out now. Just installed an ARB this past weekend(woo-hoo). Finished my long arms a couple weeks ago, but need to do a little tweaking on the bracket angles. I think every bushing on the jeep needs to be replaced. Steering was just rebuilt, too.

Oh ya, and I've got about 50 feet of seams to weld up under the jeep (damn unibody). Maybe it has something to do with running doors off since last October after Moab :) I hope the weathers good in Moab, as I don't think the doors are gonna go back on.

Then I get to do all fluids in the Mother-in Laws' cherokee, replace shocks and some other general maintenance. Vanda is driving it up to Grand Junction with her Mom tied to the top :)

Then I get have to get the new tow rig ready...........

Damn, I can't wait!

See ya all there.

Rick

PS I just watched the Moab 2002 DVD about 50 times this weekend. It's awesome!! Even my Hot Tub attempt :)

Thanks Troy!!

Almost finished!

I'm almost finished with my jeep just need to put the front bumper on and put the 4.56 gears in the front and wire the lights and register for the event and do the slip yoke eliminator and pick up some spare parts and......well maybe I'm not almost ready!
Wabbit

I feel your pain guys!! less then a month left, and more then 6 months of work left!!! Keep on keepin on!!

I've got my own list of things that need compleating, but they're not as intricate as some others.

How is it that every year it always comes down to the wire?

hell! i just started my lift today! i'm hoping i can get away with out NEEDING the sye before i head west.. being a 99 i thinkin i'm aiming a bit high... at least it's not all rusted together.. come on XJguy!!! lets not make one of us head west without the other!!!
mike

Blah, blah, blah..... Suck it up and start workin' on your junk 'til 5 am several nights in a row, then I might consider listening to you complain. Ahh, who am I kidding? Just suck it up and get it done.

Where is that flipoff emoticon anyhow :D

I kicked it into high gear this weekend and everything is starting to flow nicely. I can't wait to see the finished product.

still need to change my motor, change out my steering, get my tranny flushed (hope that's all it needs) and I'm good, well I still have to put the rear glass in that was broke in Tellico. Everything else is done.

I'll be ready, I waited till three weeks before Winterfest to do my axle swap and I made it. Long nights to come.

One-Ton wrote:

I kicked it into high gear this weekend and everything is starting to flow nicely

Uhhh, so when are you headed out here to pick up the project for Mom and Pop? Wasn't that supposed to be ready for Moab too?

:D :wave1:

(No rush though - the storage charges aren't as bad as they could be!)

And . . . the NAXJA censor has been busy - "flipoff" is now . . . .

:flipoff:

???

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Back