• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know Spacers are already cheap, but here's a budget spacer!

I give them a week before they deform and give out.

Some people’s spacers make noise? Seriously?

I think using sewer spacers in your XJ is a real crappy idea. :twak:

I think using sewer spacers in your XJ is a real crappy idea. :twak:
Haaaaa!! good one

IF it works, be sure to share your results! Im interested to find out

Now that im thinking of sewer mods... I had a "snorkel" device on my previous rig made from the expandable plastic sewer hose. Picked it up at Wal-Mart for a few bucks! It had kind of like a slinky type structure metal inside the rubbery plastic, so rigid enough for the vacuum pressures, and flexible to work it around things. Just a thought!

Last edited:
Idk, every time I've gone budget... I replace it, and upgrade to what I should have gone with first.

Yay if it works.

If you use sewer spacers, the Jeep will fold up like a taco.

You can't be serious... that's kinda hilarious. Let us know how it turns out.

+1 "poop pipe" mod... first the cages and suspension and driveshafts made from poop pipe, then the snorkels, now blocks... :roflmao:

actually the factory isolators have metal inside them that goes with the inside curve in kind of a half U shape

x2,

joshdbrooks,

rubber coil insolaters are reinforced and poly coil spacers are also reinforced. i believe the poly is formed around a piece of steel.

the seals your looking at are exactly that, seals. they go in a compression fitting, they are not meant for axial loads.

when i first looked at that site, i thought you were going to use them as an axle seal for the d30 to keep water out of the axle tube.

You can't be serious... that's kinda hilarious. Let us know how it turns out.

+1 "poop pipe" mod... first the cages and suspension and driveshafts made from poop pipe, then the snorkels, now blocks... :roflmao:

I'll reply to this post again after I run them for a while. I don't know if they will work or not, but for $6.50 I figured; What the hell?

I guess if they do work, someone could start a "Poop Pipe Mods" thread.

x2,

joshdbrooks,

rubber coil insolaters are reinforced and poly coil spacers are also reinforced. i believe the poly is formed around a piece of steel.

the seals your looking at are exactly that, seals. they go in a compression fitting, they are not meant for axial loads.

when i first looked at that site, i thought you were going to use them as an axle seal for the d30 to keep water out of the axle tube.

Not being a smart@ss, but really wanting to know: Do you know for a fact that the aftermarket poly budget lift spacers are steel reinforced? I was under the impression that most are just molded Polyurethane. These flanges I bought seem to be every bit as dense, and hard as Poly. I appreciate everyone's opinions, and I may be just pissing in the wind.

As a former plumber....probably won't last long. They seem dense and sturdy, but the first small cut or nick, and it will expand and they will blow out. Good luck though!

Not being a smart@ss, but really wanting to know: Do you know for a fact that the aftermarket poly budget lift spacers are steel reinforced? I was under the impression that most are just molded Polyurethane. These flanges I bought seem to be every bit as dense, and hard as Poly. I appreciate everyone's opinions, and I may be just pissing in the wind.

The stock isolators have a metal plate. The poly spacers are just poly. There may be some spacers with steel reinforcement, but I've got 3 sets here at the moment, and none have any metal in them.

You will like this approach:
I grabbed black 4" PVC pipe at Home Depot along with an end cap. Glued the cap on the pipe and cut the pipe next to the cap lip. The wall thickness is double this way. I then hole sawed the cap to clear the stop shaft. Removed the stock seat, put in the pipe with end cap, put the stock seat on and now have a 2" BB in the front.

Hit the trails for two years without a problem! It's all in compression, baby!

You will like this approach:
I grabbed black 4" PVC pipe at Home Depot along with an end cap. Glued the cap on the pipe and cut the pipe next to the cap lip. The wall thickness is double this way. I then hole sawed the cap to clear the stop shaft. Removed the stock seat, put in the pipe with end cap, put the stock seat on and now have a 2" BB in the front.

Hit the trails for two years without a problem! It's all in compression, baby!

Pics?? Just want to see how they are sitting on the coil. I thought about PVC Pipe first, but thought it would be too thin. But your approach with the end cap, doubles the thickness. Good idea. Cheaper than hell!

Back