• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix 4.0 to 94 4.0 Swap

redneckabbott

NAXJA Forum User
Who has done the swap successfully and what did you replace to make it work? Changed my flywheel the other day and it was trying to start but had old gas and bad plugs, fixed that and now not getting spark to the plugs and everything tests good. I'm upset! Any help appreciated!!!

A litle more background on the jeep is that I got it not running with this motor already in it and I'm trying to figure out why it won't run. It had a 93 model flexplate and I was told the cps couldn't read it so now that has been replaced but still not firing. Its a 90 model 4x4, auto tranny

Last edited:
Let me see if I have this straight.

You have a 1990 XJ, and you have transplanted a 1994 HO 4.0 into the 1990.

You have kept all of the Renix electronics, wiring harness, sensors, and the intake with throttle body, TPS, and IAC?

Ok, did you attach the knock sensor to the harness or actually tap the block and install it completely?

You now have the original 1990 Renix flexplate installed, along with a 1990 Renix CPS/CKP?

Is the dizzy turning when you crank the engine? I'm asking because you say you only get spark once, and I am wondering if it is only at one sparkplug because the rotor isn't moving.

Thanks for the help! I made some progress but still has problems. Its on the market labeled as a parts jeep! send offers to [email protected] Thanks
102_2265.jpg

Last edited:
Back