• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

feasible to rotate the battery?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm looking at changing my belt layout for a couple of things, but the corner of the battery is going to be right in the way, by about 3 or 4 inches. The battery is installed in a twisted position, so it seems like the most straightforward fix is to just rotate the battery so that it's tighter in the corner. Anybody done or seen this? I can't see anything that would keep this from working... the only thing there is some wires and vacuum line going under the battery but it will still go under the battery so not a problem there. Anything else in the way? Inner fender problems?

looks like maybe they put it in at an angle to fit between the upper radiator hose on one corner and the cruise control on the opposite corner. turning it sideways will require cruise control to be pulled back an inch or so, and the PDC is blocking it

may have to move the battery somewhere else

Back