• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Upgrade Questions/headache

16guns

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 with a RC4.5" lift on my DD. I have HD Offroad frame Stiffeners installed. I want to upgrade to a Long Arm set up. Is the Clayton LA upgrade the only set up that will work due to the frame stiffeners? I contacted both RE and RC about drop brackets instead of the LA's in the past and they said since I welded the stiffeners I am stuck with what I have and I have no options but to stick with my SA's and no LA upgrade would work! Clayton says...their LA upgrade will work by welding the cross member end pieces to my stiffeys and then bolt in the center section. Is Clayton the only LA set up that has a three piece cross member for trans and xfer removal? I never would have guessed that frame stiffeners would cause such a problem!

Just a thought, I used a Clayton cross member with RE long arms. The only mod I had to do was to shorten the screw on the joints. I used this because at the time Clayton was the only cross member that could be removed without removing the long arms.

just go with Clayton, there stuff is simply badass, they also have a big sale going on now

I have the HD off road's stiffener and I have Long arms on without too much of trouble really.

my 6.5" Iron Rock Off-Road Critical Path Long Arm kit came as 3 piece for the crossmember, i can remove the transmission crossmember to remove/service the transmission and/or t-case without removing the control arm at all.

All i did was notched the stiffener for the third bolt on both side then i am able to get the lift and the stiffener to work together

Thanks for the responses. I am leaning towards Clayton.

Back